At the BFTO, we welcome any new people who show an interest in Airgun shooting.
If you would like a tour and to find out if joining club is right for you, please book an appointment to visit us (see below).
- Book a visit.
- Contact our membership secretary via email email@example.com and book an appointment. We regret that it is not possible to conduct tours if you simply turn up due to the fact that there may not be a committee member present to answer your questions.
- Attend your appointment.
- On the first visit to the club, you will meet a committee member and be shown around the club and its’ facilities and given an explanation of the joining process and how to obtain full membership. We will also explain attendance times and fees. We do not offer shooting during this visit.
- If you would like to shoot before joining, please contact the membership secretary to book that (it is not normally possible for you to shoot on the first visit).
- At this second appointment, a committee member will guide you through the range safety rules and stay with you during you shooting session. We have club guns available for potential members to use.
- At the end of this session, you will be given the opportunity to submit an application to join the club.
- If the club is not really what you are looking for then we will wish you the best in finding what you want. No further visits are possible if you choose not to submit an application at this point.
- Make an online application to join.
- If you would like to join, we will ask you to apply using our on-line membership system.
- If you are unable to use the internet you may submit a membership form, ID and 2 passport photographs. Please note that you may encounter a small delay as manual membership applications do take longer.
- Please see the membership system for current membership fees.
- The link will lead to the form into which you can securely input the required personal data, completion of this process will submit their application for approval. Applicants who are unable to upload photos to the web form can leave a photo at the club marked for the membership secretary and he will scan and upload the photo.
- Pay the joining fee.
- Once your application has been accepted you will be asked to complete the membership online by paying the subscription fee. We will then invite you to attend an induction session as soon as possible so that we can provide you with safety training. This may be a group session or a “one to one” session.
- Attend an Induction session and get issued with Probationary membership card
- Probationary membership cards will not be issued until the induction session is completed and you will not be permitted to shoot until you have had the induction training.
- Following the induction session, you will be required to obtain 12 signatures from either a committee member or Trusted Member (the process of obtaining signatures will be explained in the induction session – your first signature will be given at the end of the induction process).
- Shooting during your probation period.
- You will only be able to shoot during the “open” club times detailed below provided that you have attended the induction session. During your probationary period there must be a full member present while you shoot. At each time, you are required sign the range book and obtain a signature from either a committee Member or Trusted Member, verifying your attendance.
- The times you can visit the club as a probationary member.
- Tuesday evenings from 18:30pm – 21:00pm, except for the first Tuesday of every month.
- Tuesday 10.30am – 13.00pm.
- Wednesday evenings from 18:30pm – 21:00pm.
- Thursday evenings from 18:30pm – 21:00pm.
- Sunday mornings from 09:00am – 12:00pm.
- These times are not exact.
- Completion of probation and after 12 signed visits.
- Having 12 signatures from a committee member or Trusted member who must see you shooting), you will be proposed to the BFTO committee to become a full member. The decision will be based upon a number of factors, including an assessment of your range safety.
- If accepted.
- You will be provided with a full membership card and can open the range and shoot whenever you wish, providing that you ALWAYS sign the range attendance book and are up to date with your membership subscription.
For directions to the club see Visiting Page.